Here you'll find Bay Area Bike Share's trip data for public use. So whether you're a designer, developer, or just plan curious, feel free to download it and bring it to life!
Note that we will be releasing our next round of trip data on September 15, 2015 -- after completing 2 years of operations!
- Bike number
- Trip start day and time
- Trip end day and time
- Trip start station
- Trip end station
- Rider type – Annual or Casual (24-hour or 3-day member)
- If an annual member trip, it will also include the member’s home zip code
- Weather information per day per service area
- Bike and dock availability per minute per station
- Access our feed at bayareabikeshare.com/stations/json
- No API key needed, however apps should not fetch this feed more than once per minute
Each trip is anonymized and includes:
The data set also includes:
Separately, participants may use our live JSON feed:
Data Challenge Contests
In March, 2014, we held a Data Challenge in partnership with Stamen Design. Celebrating six months of system operations, we released data from nearly 150,000 bike trips, and encouraged the public to visualize the data in informative, beautiful and surprising ways!
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(August 2013 - August 2014)